Modelling Freight Transport (Elsevier Insights)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $72.67
as of 2/25/2018 09:37 UTC details
- You Save: $17.28 (19%)
- Seller:UpandAway Books
- Sales Rank:2,081,930
- Languages:English (Published), English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.17
- Dimensions (in):6 x 0.6 x 9
- Publication Date:November 5, 2013
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Modelling Freight Transport Elsevier Insights
Freight Transport Modelling is a unique new reference book that provides insight into the state-of-the-art of freight modelling. Focusing on models used to support public transport policy analysis, Freight Transport Modelling systematically introduces the latest freight transport modelling approaches and describes the main methods and techniques used to arrive at operational models.
As freight transport has grown exponentially in recent decades, policymakers now need to include freight flows in quantitative evaluations of transport systems. Whereas early freight modelling practice was inspired by passenger transport models, by now it has developed its separate stream of methods and techniques inspired by disciplines such as economic geography and supply chain management.
Besides summarizing the latest achievements in fundamental research, this book describes the state of practice and advises practitioners on how to cope with typical challenges such as limitations in data availability.
- Uniquely focused book exploring the key issues and logistics of freight transport modelling
- Highlights the latest approaches and describes the main methods and techniques used to arrive at operational models
- Summarizes fundamental research into freight transport modeling, as well as current practices and advice for practitioners facing day-to-day challenges
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
Copyright 2018 - RailroadBookstore.com