West Virginia Logging Railroads
- Buy New: $30.99
as of 12/14/2017 16:51 UTC details
- Sales Rank:1,681,189
- Languages:English (Published), English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:First Edition (US) First Printing
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.75
- Dimensions (in):8.8 x 0.5 x 11.3
- Publication Date:November 2, 1996
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Chronicles the waning years of the logging industry and the equipment and operations of the railroads that served it. From the late 1800s through the 1950s, West Virginia was one of the nation's largest producers of lumber. This book covers the unique geared locomotives that moved that lumber including the Shay, Climax and Heisler, designed to traverse the sharp curves and uneven track of mountain railways. Includes information on special logging cars, cranes and other equipment.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
Copyright 2018 - RailroadBookstore.com