Grand Central: How a Train Station Transformed America
- List Price:
- Buy New: $12.04
as of 1/18/2018 05:39 UTC details
- You Save: $6.95 (37%)
- Sales Rank:92,331
- Languages:English (Published), English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.45
- Dimensions (in):6.1 x 0.9 x 8.1
- Publication Date:September 12, 2017
Availability:Usually ships in 4-5 business days
- Richly illustrated volume delves deep into its history, with quirky anecdotes and behind-the-scenes information.
- Peek into the secret and unseen areas, from the tunnels, to the command center and the hidden passageways.
- Revisit the movies that have used Grand Central Station as a locale. Check out the celestial ceiling in the main lobby.
- Softcover. 320 pages.
A richly illustrated - and entertaining - history of the iconic Grand Central Terminal from Sam Roberts of the New York Times
"This well-done piece of urban history will appeal to both railroad enthusiasts and general readers."-Booklist
Featuring quirky anecdotes and behind-the-scenes information, this book will allow readers to peek into the secret and unseen areas of Grand Central -- from the tunnels, to the command center, to the hidden passageways.
With stories about everything from the famous movies that have used Grand Central as a location to the celestial ceiling in the main lobby (including its stunning mistake) to the homeless denizens who reside in the building's catacombs, this is a fascinating and, exciting look at a true American institution.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
Copyright 2018 - RailroadBookstore.com