Trains: A Complete History
- Author:Philip Steele
- Publisher:Thunder Bay Press
- List Price:
- Buy New: $12.37
as of 3/24/2018 06:46 UTC details
- You Save: $7.58 (38%)
- Sales Rank:247,527
- Languages:English (Published), English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.06
- Dimensions (in):8.8 x 0.8 x 11.8
- Publication Date:July 29, 2014
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- MPN:colour illustrations, colour illustratio
- TRAINS HISTORY AND POP UP - Learn everything you want about trains, and make fun press-out models while you do it!
- TRAINS THROUGH THE AGES - Learn about the types of trains from all the great locomotive eras.
- RAINY DAY ACTIVITY - Whether at home, at daycare, or in the classroom, kids will love learning about trains while making the punch-out models.
- SOFTCOVER - Easy to put on your bookshelf, and looks great on your coffee table.
- A GREAT GIFT - Get it for the train enthusiast in your life, young or old.
An icon of the Industrial Revolution, railroads were essential to the progress of the 19th and 20th centuries. Today’s trains travel at speeds up to 268 miles per hour and continue to push the limits. Trains: A Complete History provides an excellent overview of the train models that were groundbreaking in their respective eras. The scope of progress comes to life on these pages from the 1830 Best Friend of Charleston, whose passengers were to said to have traveled "on the wings of the wind" at a whopping top speed of 25 miles per hour, to the 2012 hybrid-powered Japan Railway HD300, which uses 36 percent less fuel than traditional trains and travels at speeds up to 70 miles per hour. Complete with a detachable collection of press-out model train pieces, Trains: A Complete History is the two-in-one book that will have train enthusiasts tooting their horns and hollering, "All aboard!"
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
Copyright 2018 - RailroadBookstore.com